Hull Aperture Blanks
The Tanker Kit is well proven as a cost-saving alternative to dry-docking. It is used world-wide for hull aperture blanks.
Miko Plaster® – the main component of the Tanker Kit – is a magnetic tarpaulin that provides a temporary, but reliable, watertight seal below the waterline. It is qualified by DNV GL as hull aperture blanks. The seal is achieved by the water pressure and the magnetic adhesion between the patch and the steel surface.
No hot work or hydraulic tools are required for the installation. Supplementary tools required for installation are included in the kit. One Tanker Kit can be used for several sizes of sea chests.
• 2 pcs 900 x 1 250 mm Magnetic Miko Plaster®
• 2 pcs 2 250 x 2 500 mm Magnetic Miko Plaster®
• 4 pcs MAM-001 Miko Anchor Magnets
• 10 pcs MPM-002 Miko Permanent Magnets
• 2 pcs MHT-001 Handling Tool for MPM-002
• 4 pcs MHT-002 Handling Ropes
• 1 pcs Installation/Storage Drum
220 kg (incl. Euro pallet)
2 300 mmm
Contact us to request a quotation or to learn more about hull aperture blanks.Download PDF Product sheet